This is a wonderful fragrant dish, which you can oven bake or best still make on the bar-b-q it is great served with fresh salad or yummy plain rice. Just delicious once you try you will not be disappointed!!
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2 tablespoons of grated fresh ginger
- 2 hot chili peppers (alter to suit taste)
- 1 large red onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 large white fish fillets (dory, cod etc)
- 16 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 lime, juice of, only
- In a frying pan saute the garlic, onion, ginger and chillies until soft. ADD the spices and more oil if necessary.
- Blend the fried food with the coriander and juice of one lime LEAVING OUT the fish and coconut cream. Leave overnight (you can freeze batches of marinade too).
- Take your fish fillets and cut in half so you should have 8 serves. Smother the marinade over the fish generously. Leave to marinade at least for four hours best overnight.
- Take some aluminium foil, break off enough to make a loose parcel to hold the fish.
- Get your coconut cream and on the foil put 2 to 3 tablespoons of the coconut cream, place one fish fillet on top, join up the foil allowing for a lot of space.
- Cook on the barbq of in a hot oven for about 10-15 minutes The fish steams itself in the coconut cream - this is so yummy a great dinner party dish - serve with plain rice, mango salsa and a dry white wine.