1/3 Photos of Fragrant Coconut Lime & Ginger Fish Bake
Lil Ms Tropical's Note:
This is a wonderful fragrant dish, which you can oven bake or best still make on the bar-b-q it is great served with fresh salad or yummy plain rice. Just delicious once you try you will not be disappointed!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2 tablespoons of grated fresh ginger
- 2 hot chili peppers (alter to suit taste)
- 1 large red onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 large white fish fillets (dory, cod etc)
- 16 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 lime, juice of, only
- 1In a frying pan saute the garlic, onion, ginger and chillies until soft. ADD the spices and more oil if necessary.
- 2Blend the fried food with the coriander and juice of one lime LEAVING OUT the fish and coconut cream. Leave overnight (you can freeze batches of marinade too).
- 3Take your fish fillets and cut in half so you should have 8 serves. Smother the marinade over the fish generously. Leave to marinade at least for four hours best overnight.
- 4Take some aluminium foil, break off enough to make a loose parcel to hold the fish.
- 5Get your coconut cream and on the foil put 2 to 3 tablespoons of the coconut cream, place one fish fillet on top, join up the foil allowing for a lot of space.
- 6Cook on the barbq of in a hot oven for about 10-15 minutes The fish steams itself in the coconut cream - this is so yummy a great dinner party dish - serve with plain rice, mango salsa and a dry white wine.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fragrant Coconut Lime & Ginger Fish Bake
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.7
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 49.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: