Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A gentle, tasty melange of healthy things...
Make and share this Fragrant Chickpea Swiss Chard Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 19 ounces chickpeas, with liquid
- 1 bunch swiss chard, with leaves and stalk cut into thin slices
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 orange bell peppers, chopped finely or 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 zucchini, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons garlic oil or 3 tablespoons regular oil
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1. Sautee onions and spices in garlic oil over medium heat, a few minutes, until onions are softened.
- 2. Add in shredded zucchini and stir well to coat, cook a few minutes.
- 3. Add in bell pepper, stir, cook a few minutes.
- 4. Add chickpeas and liquid, and stir well, cooking until liquid is heated.
- 5. Add chard and stir well, mixing the chickpea mixture and the chard nicely.
- 6. Cook for 5-10 min more, until chard is softened but still has good texture.
- 7. Bon Appetit!