Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A fragrant chicken recipe for the slowcooker or can bake in the oven at 375.
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 1 large fennel bulb, washed, trimmed and VERY thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (850.48 g) can stewed tomatoes
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml dry white wine
- For the slowcooker: Place chicken thighs in bottom of slowcooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with thinly sliced fennel, onion, garlic, stewed tomatoes, brown sugar and wine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- For the oven: Preheat to 375. Place chicken thighs in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with all remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 375 for 45-55 minutes or until juices run clear.
This was lovely. We added a few extra types of veggies and some pasta and turned it into a one pot meal. Cooked for about 45 mins in the pressure cooker, the meat was falling apart and so good.
I made this recipe exactly as written and found that no one in my family cared for it much. I got an "it's okay" from my husband who said he'd eat the leftovers when I said I never would. But, I threw them away after they sat in the fridge for a week. I found that the fennel and onions were still pretty hard and the flavor was pretty bland. Sorry
July 29, 2008: This is fabulous and easy to make!!! I prepared this in the oven. I love the earthy, unique flavor that the fennel gives this dish. I could have just eaten a whole dish of the vegetables, they were so good!! The chicken was cooked perfectly moist too! Loved this recipe, will definitely make again and again! January 28, 2009 UPDATE: I made this dish again!!! It is one of my favorite Zaar recipes!!! It is so easy and delicious!!! This time, instead of wine, I used cognac and it tasted wonderful! This is a super recipe, thanks Parsley!!!