A summer favourite with a fruity twist
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the salad
- 1 large ripe mango
- 1/4 cucumber
- 4 scallions, finely sliced on an angle
- 1 red fresh chili pepper, Seeded and finely sliced
- handful mint leaf
- handful cilantro leaf
- 1/4 chinese lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 ounce roasted peanuts, chopped
For the dressing
- 1Bash the ends of the lemongrass with a rolling pin to release all of the juices.
- 2Place in a saucepan with the coconut milk and a pinch of salt, and bring to the boil.
- 3Add the chicken breasts, cover with a lid, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from the heat and leave the chicken to cool in the coconut milk for about 10 minutes.
- 5Cut the cheeks off the mango, cut into strips and slice off the skin. Keep to one side.
- 6Trim the remaining mango flesh from the stone, place in a small food processor and blitz to a puree. Alternatively bash to a pulp in a pestle and mortar.
- 7Mix in the fish sauce, ginger, lime juice and zest and the palm sugar. Taste and add any additional fish sauce if needed. If the dressing seems too thick, loosen with a splash of water.
- 8Cut the cucumber in half, scoop out the seeds and thinly slice on an angle into half moon shapes.
- 9Toss with the scallion, red chili, mint leaves, cilantro leaves, Chinese lettuce and the dressing. Spoon onto 2 plates.
- 10Pat the mango dry with kitchen paper, and then scatter/rub some of palm sugar over the top.
- 11Scatter/rub the remaining palm sugar over the top of the chicken. To caramelise the sugar, place on a hot frying pan.
- 12Slice the chicken in half and sit on top of the salad with the mango.
- 13Finally scatter with the chopped peanuts and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fragrant Chicken Salad With Sweet and Sour Mango Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (778 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 920.3
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 34.4 g
- Cholesterol 136.8 mg
- Sodium 651.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 48.3 g
- Protein 67.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: