Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Martin Yan Quick and Easy
Make and share this Fragrant Chicken (Martin Yan) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chinese rice wine or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chinese rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black bean garlic sauce
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 small shallots, peeled
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 teaspoons water
- Make the marinade—combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- Add in the chicken; stir to coat; let stand 10 minutes.
- Make the sauce—combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl; mix well; set aside.
- Add oil to a small saucepan and place over high heat.
- When the surface of the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic and shallots; cook/stir until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; remove oil from heat.
- Place a stir-fry pan over high heat until hot; add 1 tablespoon garlic-shallot oil, swirling to coat the sides.
- Add in the chicken; stir-fry until no longer pink, 3-4 minutes; add the browned shallots and garlic and the sauce; bring to a boil.
- Add in the cornstarch solution and cook/stir, until the sauce boils and thickens, about 45 seconds.
- Transfer to a serving plate.