Martin Yan Quick and Easy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chinese rice wine or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chinese rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black bean garlic sauce
- 1Make the marinade—combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- 2Add in the chicken; stir to coat; let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Make the sauce—combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl; mix well; set aside.
- 4Add oil to a small saucepan and place over high heat.
- 5When the surface of the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic and shallots; cook/stir until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- 6Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; remove oil from heat.
- 7Place a stir-fry pan over high heat until hot; add 1 tablespoon garlic-shallot oil, swirling to coat the sides.
- 8Add in the chicken; stir-fry until no longer pink, 3-4 minutes; add the browned shallots and garlic and the sauce; bring to a boil.
- 9Add in the cornstarch solution and cook/stir, until the sauce boils and thickens, about 45 seconds.
- 10Transfer to a serving plate.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fragrant Chicken (Martin Yan)
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.1
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 598.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean garlic sauce