Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have no idea how authentic this is, but it tastes good! I served with naan and steamed basmati rice. Next time, I will do some of the accompaniments. Make sure you have all of your ingredients ready to go before you start, this goes together quickly.
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, meat pulled into large chunks
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- Mix spices in small bowl.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and saute until golden.
- Add garlic, saute about 30 seconds.
- Add spices, toast until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken, stir until completely coated with spices.
- Add coconut milk, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until flavors blend and stew is thickened, about 20 minutes or so.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with basmati rice. I added a chopped apple.