Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this while looking for an easy curry recipe. I am putting it here to consolidate my recipes: From allrecipes SUBMITTED BY: USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, skinned and boned, meat pulled into large chunks
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- cooked basmati rice
- chopped fresh cilantro
- mango chutney
- Mix spices in small bowl.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or small soup kettle over medium-high heat; add onion and saute until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic; saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add spices; toast until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add chicken; stir until completely coated with spices. Add coconut milk, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer; cook uncovered until flavors blend and stew is thick, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with cilantro and serve over rice.
- Pass chutney separately.
Wow, this is great curry, and indeed, very fragrant :) I diced chicken breasts and cooked them with the onion, that was my only change. Quickly done, which makes it great for weeknights. Thank you, Teddys Mommy, very good recipe, made for I Recommend tag game
Very quick and easy to put together and went down well especially with the DM who wouldn't believe it was a curry (I did use a mild one but otherwise would have used a hot madrass), I did cut the onions chuncky so that the family member sensitive them could pick them out. Served with steamed rice and recipe #140376 to mop up the sauce with the rice. Thank you Teddy's Mommy for a very nice recipe.