Recipe by Teddy's Mommy
I found this while looking for an easy curry recipe. I am putting it here to consolidate my recipes: From allrecipes SUBMITTED BY: USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Wow, this is great curry, and indeed, very fragrant :) I diced chicken breasts and cooked them with the onion, that was my only change. Quickly done, which makes it great for weeknights. Thank you, Teddys Mommy, very good recipe, made for I Recommend tag game
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, skinned and boned, meat pulled into large chunks
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- cooked basmati rice
- chopped fresh cilantro
- mango chutney
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix spices in small bowl.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or small soup kettle over medium-high heat; add onion and saute until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic; saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add spices; toast until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add chicken; stir until completely coated with spices. Add coconut milk, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer; cook uncovered until flavors blend and stew is thick, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with cilantro and serve over rice.
- Pass chutney separately.