Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cut back on the honey & brown sugar if you wish. Very tasty dish. Goes well with chicken & a salad. Do in advance right up to the last step (baking)
- 8 large carrots, cleaned,cut into 1/4 inch slices and cooked in 1/4 cup water until tender (reserve the cooking liquid)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place cooked drained carrots in a buttered casserole dish (reserve the liquid) Combine the carrot liquid with remaining ingredients, except the butter and pour over the carrotts Dot with butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, baste once or twice.
- Serve hot.