From The Moosewood Restaurant Kitchen Garden book. Easily veganized- just leave out the feta cheese. Perfect for fresh summer herbs. Cook time is an estimate. We made this with mostly dried herbs and it still turned out great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper (red or green)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups bulgur
- 3 cups vegetable stock or 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup toasted ground nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh spearmint or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried spearmint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh lovage or 2 tablespoons celery leaves
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2In an ovenproof skillet large enough to contain all the ingredients, saute the onion, carrot, and pepper in the oil.
- 3When the onion and carrot have just softened, add the bulgur and saute for a minute or two, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- 4Add all of the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 5Cover and bake for 20 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
- 6Served topped with crumbled feta cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fragrant Bulgur Pilaf (Moosewood)
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.5
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 169.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: