Recipe by **Mandy**
This is a compote with an Aussie twist. Uses the Aussie native herb "Olida" or "Forest Berry Herb", goes great with some muesli or granola for brekky but can also be used on pancakes, pavlovas or cheesecakes. Recipe from the Australian Womens Weekly.
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon forest berry herbs (Olida)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (300 g) package frozen raspberries, thawed (or fresh berry of choice, or a mixture)
- heavy cream or plain yogurt, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat sugar, berry herb and water in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Place thawed berries in a bowl, pour cooled syrup over and refrigerate.
- Serve with whipped cream or yogurt. These berries can also be served with pancakes, as pavlova filling or cheesecake topping.