Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, on my short list to try. From "Favorite Brand Name Best-Loved Chinese Recipes and More". U.S. family-style recipe.
- 2 cups apple juice
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups white basmati rice or 1 1⁄2 cups texmati rice
- 2 slices fresh ginger (thin slices)
- 1 piece cinnamon stick (2 inches long)
- Bring juice, water and salt to a boil in medium saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 25-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove ginger and cinnamon stick; discard.
4 1/2 stars. This was good but I couldn't taste the ginger.
What a wonderful rice. So tasty and flavorful. It was perfect, just the right amount of spice and apple juice. It made a wonderful salad with fresh fruit. I also used some of it for little fried rice cakes which I added some chopped green apple and sweet onion too...soo great. Thanks for sharing this versatile recipe.
Excellent! Easy and healthy too. Seasonings and timings are right on. I paired this with Pork Chops Braised in White Wine. Made for 1-2-3- Hit Wonders! Thanks KateL for posting another winner.