Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dessert is especially easy if you use left-over white rice!
- 2 cups cooked white rice, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm milk
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a medium bowl combine rice and warm milk; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine sugar and vanilla; mix in eggs then raisins, zest and spices.
- Stir in the rice and milk mixture, combining gently.
- Turn into a greased 2 quart baking dish and bake for 45 minutes or until set.