Recipe by morgainegeiser
These warm apples, cooked with raisins in a delicate orange cream sauce, make a cool, smooth ending to any spicy meal.
- 4 medium golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 78.07 ml raisins
- 158.51 ml orange juice
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 78.07 ml evaporated skim milk
- 29.58 ml honey
- 2.46 ml fresh orange rind, grated
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apples and raisins in a medium saucepan.
- Place 1 tbsp of the orange juice in a small bowl or custard cup and add cornstarch. Mix to dissolve cornstarch. Set aside.
- Add remaining orange juice to saucepan.
- Add milk, honey, orange peel and spices.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat slightly and cook, stirring frequently, until apples are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to saucepan.
- Continue to cook and stir, 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Can be served topped with yogurt and a few almonds if desired.