Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Home-Style bread from James Beard, but made in the Food Processor
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 20 g butter (melted)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- Proof yeast in the food processor with milk and honey.
- Mix together salt and flour.
- In the food processor mix the flour and salt mixture into the milk and yeast 1 cup at a time until all flour is incorporated.
- Mix using the food processor for another 3 minutes or so.
- Let rise as normal bread and bake.
Could have used more specific instructions for finishing and baking, but I improvised and brought out a nice loaf of bread. Use of the food processor in this way was an adventure, and it seemed to put a pretty heavy load on it. The recipe didn't say what to do with the butter, so I brushed it on top before baking, producing a thick soft crust. The finished product has a fine, very even, slightly heavy texture and great flavor. Made for PAC Fall '08.