Recipe by FLKeysJen
Served at The Grit, a famous vegetarian restaurant in Athens, Georgia. They use Blue Moon White Ale because it's hearty but also tangy.
Top Review by Chef Leezard
Very good recipe. I conbined 1 1/4 C. AP and 1 1/4 C. Whole Wheat for the flour. Then I used Kona Pipeline Porter for the brewski. I also used an additional 1/4 t. of fresh Rosemary (only cause I love the flavor). Brushed the top with unsalted butter the last 10 minutes. Cheddar disappears and serves only as a binder. Awesome flavor though! Next experiment will substitute a Adobe Chipotle instead of the Jalapeno....stay tuned!
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml dried marjoram
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 340.19 g beer (the heartier, the better)
- 354.88 ml shredded white cheddar cheese or 354.88 ml mozzarella cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, very finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan or glass baking dish.
- Sift together the first 8 (dry) ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir just until fully combined. Spread batter evenly into baking pan or dish. Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until a clean knife or toothpick inserted into center of bread comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for at least 15 minutes, cut, and serve with butter, if desired.