Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of those "family" recipes that I had to learn to master as a young bride to be accepted among my new clan. This was easy, the barbed wire obstacle course though...
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 3⁄4-1 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven 350*.
- Mix eggs, sugar, and vanilla set aside.
- In another bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa.
- Whisk together.
- Add wet mixture to dry.
- Add butter and mix until combined OR do as my mother-in-law does and throw the butter cubes into your desired brownie pan when you turn on the oven.
- As the oven heats your butter will be melted and ready to go when your brownie mix is ready to be added to the pan.
- Keen, hm.
- You can add nuts, chocolate chips, chinese noodles or whatever else floats your boat.
- Bake in a 11 x 17 inch pan for 30-40 minutes or until done.