Recipe by diner524
I received this recipe after having it at a 4th of July party. Hence the name for this different 7 layer salad. This is a great tasting and looking salad. When I make this salad for just us, I keep all ingredients separate, then I don't have soggy lettuce the next time I eat the salad.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to make. I got mixed reactions on the dressing though. Some liked it and others didn't. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add purple onions as my kids wouldn't eat them. I also used Splenda instead of sugar as that is all I buy. I used hormel bacon bits instead of cooking my own bacon.
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄4 medium purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (I use apple cider)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled (or use bacon bits)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (or to your liking)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, glass one if you have it, begin to layer ingredients as follows:.
- Layer 1 - Lettuce.
- Layer 2 - Celery.
- Layer 3 - Purple Onion.
- Layer 4 - Combine sour cream and sugar and pour over salad.
- Layer 5 - Combine mayonnaise and vinegar and pour on top.
- Layer 6 - Sprinkle parmesan cheese.
- Layer 7 - Sprinkle bacon.