Recipe by BeachGirl
We used this for a Fourth of July barbeque, and really enjoyed its little different flavor on ribs and chicken. Add more or less cayenne depending upon how hot you like it!
Top Review by Mirj
So it's not the 4th of July yet, big deal! This stuff is great on chicken! I cut back to 1 tablespoon of cinnamon because I have a daughter who claims she's "allergic". With all the other goodies in this rub she didn't even notice! I totally smotherd some cut up chicken in this, left it to hang in the fridge for an hour, then cooked it on the grill. Yowza!
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 3⁄4 cup paprika (I use Hungarian)
- 3⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together and store in air-tight container.
- Rub on meat (chicken, beef, pork, venison) several hours before grilling or roasting.
- BARBEQUE WASH: Mix 1 tbs of this Rub with 2 cups apple cider vinegar.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Cover and cool.
- Use to marinade and/or baste meats while grilling or roasting.