Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We used this for a Fourth of July barbeque, and really enjoyed its little different flavor on ribs and chicken. Add more or less cayenne depending upon how hot you like it!
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 3⁄4 cup paprika (I use Hungarian)
- 3⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and store in air-tight container.
- Rub on meat (chicken, beef, pork, venison) several hours before grilling or roasting.
- BARBEQUE WASH: Mix 1 tbs of this Rub with 2 cups apple cider vinegar.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Cover and cool.
- Use to marinade and/or baste meats while grilling or roasting.
So it's not the 4th of July yet, big deal! This stuff is great on chicken! I cut back to 1 tablespoon of cinnamon because I have a daughter who claims she's "allergic". With all the other goodies in this rub she didn't even notice! I totally smotherd some cut up chicken in this, left it to hang in the fridge for an hour, then cooked it on the grill. Yowza!