Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Colorful and festive! Great treat to eat during the fireworks display!
Make and share this Fourth of July Red White and Blue Fudge!!! recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces good quality white chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup dried blueberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan; set aside.
- Microwave chocolate and milk in large microwavaeble bowl on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted; stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add almonds, blueberries, cranberries and orange peel; stir until well blended.
- Spread chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Lift fudge from pan, using foil handles. Cut into 48 pieces. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator up to 3 weeks. (Do not freeze.).
Even though the fireworks were a bust this year (too much rain!), this fudge was a big hit! My DH and DD5 made these together - I would definitely count this as a "Beginner Cook" recipe, nice to make with the kids. Nice to eat, too. Too nice to eat! :) Just watch those almonds when you are toasting them. DH burnt some, so the flavor was not as good as I am sure it would be if he hadn't. I couldn't find just a package of just dried blueberries, so I got one of mixed berries and my DD separated outthe blueberries and the cranberries. :) Thank you for a yummy treat on a drizzly Fourth.