Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe out of a Taste of Home Cook book, and made it for 4th of July last year and it was a big hit. Because of the ice cream, it is perfect for the hot weather that the summer brings to us in AZ. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (10 inches)
- 2 quarts strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Cut cake horizontally into four equal layers.
- Place the bottom layer on a serving plate and spread with half of the strawberry ice cream.
- Immediately place in freezer.
- After 1st layer has cooled (10 minutes), place next layer of angel food cake on top of strawberry.
- Spread the softened vanilla ice cream and immediately place in freezer.
- Once that has cooled (10 minutes), place third piece of cake on top and spread the remainder of the strawberry ice cream.
- Place final layer on top and place in freezer.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar and beat until soft peaks form.
- Frost top of cake and freeze until ready to serve.