I got this recipe out of a Taste of Home Cook book, and made it for 4th of July last year and it was a big hit. Because of the ice cream, it is perfect for the hot weather that the summer brings to us in AZ. Hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut cake horizontally into four equal layers.
- 2Place the bottom layer on a serving plate and spread with half of the strawberry ice cream.
- 3Immediately place in freezer.
- 4After 1st layer has cooled (10 minutes), place next layer of angel food cake on top of strawberry.
- 5Spread the softened vanilla ice cream and immediately place in freezer.
- 6Once that has cooled (10 minutes), place third piece of cake on top and spread the remainder of the strawberry ice cream.
- 7Place final layer on top and place in freezer.
- 8In a mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- 9Add sugar and beat until soft peaks form.
- 10Frost top of cake and freeze until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fourth of July Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.3
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 362.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 8.5 g