Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
On one of the most celebrated holidays it just a given that we'll plan an outside activities and food. Speaking of black beans, what an easy and tasty recipe! And all you do is open a few cans, a small amount of chopping, and you're good to go! Did someone say picnic? Here's a tip: instead of chopping the tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro, just use your favorite salsa, or better yet, try my Salsa My Way #218314. I hope you enjoy this recipe and my salsa recipe. Roma tomatoes are usually longer than a regular tomato. They are used primarily in Italian food recipes. They have more pulp than regular tomatoes, and have less juice.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cayenne, to taste
- 1 small garlic clove, mashed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced medium
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Combine first seven ingredients to make the dressing, add remaining ingredients and toss gently.
- Let sit for at least 4 hours before serving.