Recipe by FLKeysJen
Red hot candies give these patriotic treats that special something...spicy and chewy! You can buy the M&M's at http://shop.mms.com or at M&M's World in Las Vegas, Orlando or New York.
Top Review by Ceezie
These weren't bad but not great. The red hots mixed with the chocolate created a bit of a weird flavor combo - it wasn't bad just odd. I think I liked them better then anyone else in the house. The great thing about this recipe was that it made me a believer that red hots would be great in a cookie.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened in microwave
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 ounces M&M's plain chocolate candy, navy blue colored
- 2 ounces M&M's plain chocolate candy, white colored
- 2 ounces red-hot candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor or mixer, except for chocolate chips, M&M's and red hots, which could get crushed; stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop by tablespoons on an ungreased cookie sheet (I use a scoop which makes it so easy); then press 2-3 white M&M's, 2-3 blue M&M's and 3-4 red hots on the top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until just starting to turn brown; cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to avoid breakage.