Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "The Ultimate Cookie Book" by Catherine Atkinson. I haven't tried this yet but I imagine it must be like the cookie cousin of the blueberry muffin. Yummy! You could also substitute fresh cranberries for the blueberries and substitute chopped preserved ginger for the dried cranberries. Times are estimates.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, diced
- 1⁄4 cup raw sugar, plus extra
- raw sugar, for sprinkling
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup semi dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 375
- line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the diced butter and rub in with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the raw sugar.
- Add the sour cream, blueberries and cranberries and stir just until combined.
- Spoon ten mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with the extra raw sugar and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden and firm in the center.
- Serve warm.
These were quite tasty, more like a drop scone than a soft cookie. I used the prescribed amounts of frozen blueberries and dried cranberries; one cup of blueberries seemed a bit excessive as the dough was hard to work with. When I make these again, I may try a chocolate chip variety.
Delicious! Made these for our 4th of July breakfast this morning, and I wasn't sure how they'd turn out. I was planning to use frozen blueberries and frozen cranberries, as I was uncertain what "semi-dried" cranberries were. I thought I had frozen blueberries in the freezer, but as it turned out I did not. So I ended up making these with just chopped up frozen cranberries, and they turned out GREAT! Whole family enjoyed this tremendously and I will definitely be making it again! Will probably experiment with other fruits and I also think it would have been yummy to add in some mini chocolate chips. Thanks for posting!!