Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine a few years back and fixed them for our annual 4th of July BBQ. They were a HUGE hit and now they are on the menu every 4th of July!
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (17 ounce) can lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large skillet, cook bacon, beef and onions until meat is brown and onions are tender; drain.
- Transfer meat into a greased 2 1/2-quart baking dish; add all the beans and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir into beef and bean mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer.
My family has been a fan of this recipe for years. Very easy to make. Sometimes I eliminate the hamburger....still a hit! This one is a keeper!
A very good barbecued bean dish. Made exactly as the recipe requested and it turned out well, just a little on the sweet side for our tastes. Next time I make this, I will definately cut back on the sugar.