Recipe by AshK
From WW Simply the Best All American. I know, another WW recipe, but I just love flavorful, lowfat recipies. This one is excellent!
Top Review by teresas
We just loved this dish. It has a wonderful taste. I really like the addition of the beans. Next time I plan to throw in some chopped green pepper. Makes a lot so you get a hugh serving for us hearty eaters. 9 points per serving. Made for PAC Fall 07'. Thanks AshK for posting.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 13 3⁄4 ounces low sodium beef broth
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 15 1⁄2 ounces chili beans, in sauce heated (optional)
- 8 scallions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine turkey, onion and garlic in a nonstick saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly until the turkey is browned and the onion is tender (5 min>).
- add the chili powder, brown sugar, salt, cumin, allspice, cardamom and pepper. stir until the spices coat the turkey mixture.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes and chilies, and the vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, partially cover and simmer until the broth is thickened (30-40 minutes).
- Serve the chili over the macaroni and top with the beans and scallions.