Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from a diabetic recipe newsletter in my email. These are most of the things we grow in our garden every summer (except the carrots), so I thought it would be perfect to try. This should go well at potlucks, picnics, and just a weeknight dinner with the fam.
- 2 large carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh green beans
- 1 small onion
- 5 -6 small new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash all the vegetables. Peel and trim the carrots and slice into 1/2 inch pieces on the diagonal. Snip the ends off the green beans and snap into 2 inch pieces. Slice the potatoes in half and peel and quarter the onions.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Toss with the vegetables to coat.
- Spread on a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender. Stir once.
this was so good! I absolutely love veggies with ginger and soy sauce, so of course I picked to make this in memory of Amy. I didn't cook the potatoes long enough though, they were still a little hard, but I had a time crunch and had to make due with them a little crunchy still. oh well!
This was great. I also had to cook longer, about 40 minutes, and I had my veggies cut pretty small. We really liked the fact that you could taste the vegetables with just a hint of the wonderful seasonings. Thank you.
Very easy and delicious. There was not much sauce, but that didn't detract from the flavor. We also cooked longer than the recipe called for (35 minutes) which made the vegetables even sweeter. We also added no table salt. The two of us ate the whole recipe, with a meat substitute on the side. We both agreed that it was definitely worthy of making again. Thanks!