Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This is from a diabetic recipe newsletter in my email. These are most of the things we grow in our garden every summer (except the carrots), so I thought it would be perfect to try. This should go well at potlucks, picnics, and just a weeknight dinner with the fam.
Top Review by superblondieno2
this was so good! I absolutely love veggies with ginger and soy sauce, so of course I picked to make this in memory of Amy. I didn't cook the potatoes long enough though, they were still a little hard, but I had a time crunch and had to make due with them a little crunchy still. oh well!
- 2 large carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh green beans
- 1 small onion
- 5 -6 small new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash all the vegetables. Peel and trim the carrots and slice into 1/2 inch pieces on the diagonal. Snip the ends off the green beans and snap into 2 inch pieces. Slice the potatoes in half and peel and quarter the onions.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Toss with the vegetables to coat.
- Spread on a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender. Stir once.