Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Prevention cut calories, added belly slimming MUFAs (monounsaturated fatty acids), and turned this splurge into a slice of diet heavenTIME: 35 minutes +standing time SERVINGS: 4
- 1 Boboli whole wheat pizza crust, we used Boboli (12-inch diameter)
- 59.14 ml sun-dried tomato pesto (MUFA)
- 1 zucchini, sliced (1 c)
- 1 orange bell peppers (about 1 c) or 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips (about 1 c)
- 236.59 ml cremini mushrooms or 236.59 ml fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced (1/2 c)
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 56.69 g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 177.44 ml grape tomatoes or 177.44 ml cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 118.29 ml fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F Put crust on baking sheet or pizza pan. Spread crust with pesto.
- 2. Toss zucchini, pepper, mushrooms, and onion with oil. Place in medium skillet over medium-high heat and sauté until veggies are soft and excess liquid has evaporated, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- 3. Top crust evenly with cheeses. Arrange sautéed vegetables over cheese and top with tomatoes. Bake 18 to 20 minutes until crust is baked through and slightly crisp. Sprinkle with basil. Let stand a few minutes before cutting into quarters.
- Nutritional info per serving (1/4 pizza) 301 cal, 16 g pro, 42 g carb, 7 g fiber, 11 g fat, 3 g sat fat, 10 mg chol, 600 mg sodium*.
Healthy, easy, substantial, plus delicious! I used a refrigerated pizza crust from a can and and few deli pieces of meat but other than that made as posted. I put in 1 cup of zucchini, prebaked the crust for 5 minutes before adding the pesto while I saute the veggies. Thank you Heartsong for sharing. Made for T,Y& M tag.
I used a store-bough white pizza dough. I didn't have enough sun-dried tomato pesto, so on half the pizza I had to used basil pesto. I used a red bell pepper, fresh button mushrooms. Maybe I cooked the veggies a bit longer, but I like them that way. On top, I used a roma tomato. This pizza has a lot of flavors. Thanks Heartsong :) Made for TYM tag game