Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My aunt Gwen gave this to me 25 years ago; she got it off a cooking show. It's not a saucy pasta--it's supposed to be pretty thick. You can adjust the heat with more or less crushed chilies. It gets cold quickly, but is easily zapped in the microwave 20-40 seconds to reheat. Serve with garlic bread!
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 (4 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed through garlic press
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- While linguine is cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drain hot linguine, and add to tomato paste mixture. Use two forks to mix all the mixture in with the pasta.
- Serve immediately with more parmesan and garlic bread.