Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this up on a freezing day when i was sick. Hope this can help on those cold days! SUPER EASY! SUPER FAST!"
- 2 cans plain tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- crouton (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- DO NOT DRAIN TOMATOS. Pour the Tomatos, Sugar, Basil, Thyme and Oregano into a blender.
- Meanwhile Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are transparent and tender.
- Add the onions and garlic to tomato mixture and puree until smooth.
- Pour into pot and stir in milk and cream. Heat and serve with Croutons and Cheddar cheese.
I really like this recipe. It is very easy to make. I wasn`t sure on the size of canned tomatoes... so I used a 14.5 ounce and a 28 ounce can. I found it needed some salt because it tasted like something was missing. I will try this recipe again and make some adjustments. Definately way better than any can soup!!
This was very good, but I did make some changes. 4T of sugar made it taste way too sweet to me, so I added 2-3T of lemon juice and 1/4-1/2tsp garlic salt. I served this with homemade croutons. I'm not a big tomato soup fan, but I thought this was about the best I've tried. Thanks so much for posting!