Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I recently acquired a "Robust Sampler" of salts from saltistry.com. HIGHLY recommended if you're a sea salt addict like myself. So I'm looking for recipes which sound as though they'd be brought to new heights with such finishing salts and this one certainly rang those bells for me. I'm thinking the herb grey salt... Recipe courtesy of epicurean.com.
- 1 3⁄4-2 lbs new potatoes
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil (either black or white)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried rosemary, Dried
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 shallots, Minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut new potatoes in half. Toss in bowl with 1-1/2 tablespoons of truffle oil and salt.
- Roast until slightly browned and cooked through (approximately 45 minutes).
- Remove potatoes from oven and place in original tossing bowl. Add vinegar, remaining truffle oil, herb of choice and minced shallots. Toss. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes.
I LOVE this recipe! I've made it, three times now, but hadn't yet rated it! I use fingerling potatoes, balsamic vinegar, and gray sea salt. I haven't used the shallots, since I haven't had them, on hand; and, I used fresh rosemary (which I have a lot of, on hand!) The fingerlings don't take as long to cook, and the balsamic adds a sweetness that I love. Thanks for this great way to use my truffle oil! Yum!
simple recipe, delicious! I used dried thyme, dried basil, and fresh rosemary (finely chopped). It was delicious, next time i'll probably use more shallots since I love them. Could also use more truffle oil if you really love the essence.