Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is my favorite Meatloaf. It has a hint of sweetness. I had a similar version of this at camp one summer and had to have the recipe. I modified it to my taste.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, Chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pack into 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 1 1/2 hours.
- Let stand five minutes.
- If desired, remove to shallow pan.
- Coat with layer of ketchup.
- Return to 400 degree oven for a few minutes until Ketchup begins to brown.