Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the BBC - modified slightly. A speedy wok cooked lamb curry.
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 500 g lamb, cubed
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cubed
- 1 lamb stock cube or 1 beef stock cube
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 410 g canned chick-peas, drained
- coriander, chopped to serve
- Heat half the oil in wok. Brown lamb in batches. Set aside.
- Wipe wok and heat remaining oil.
- Fry onion for 4 minutes until soft.
- Stir in spices, reserving 1 tsp cumin and fry for a few seconds more.
- Toss in lamb and capsicum and stir fry over high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in 200ml water, crumble in stock cube, Season well and cover. Cook for about 6 minutes until mixture is pulpy and meat is tender.
- Stir in otmatoes, chickpeas and remaining cumin.
- Heat through 2 minutes.
- Scatter with fresh coriander, serve.