Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came across this recipe today in a magazine India Today Woman Making a difference May 2010 issue. This is one of those recipes for children. If you want them to eat a healthy meal at home albiet in a state of ignorance, then go for this. Those little kids who black mail you and calm your anger down with an angelic smile, will finish this pizza in no time! So, don't wait any longer - step into the kitchen and get cooking!!!
For the sauce
- 1 kg canned peeled tomatoes
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g chopped garlic
- 50 g chopped basil
- 30 g chili flakes
- crushed black pepper
For the dough
- 330 g wheat flour
- 28 g fresh yeast
- 10 g salt
- 30 ml extra vigin olive oil
- 180 ml water
For the topping
- mixed mushrooms, a few, as required
- tomatoes, sliced, a few, as required
- bell pepper, a few, as required
- onion, sliced, a few, as required
- asparagus, a few, as required
- spinach, chopped, a little, as required
- Mix all the ingredients listed under 'For the sauce' to prepare the sauce.
- Knead together the ingredients listed under 'For the dough' to prepare the dough.
- Then make mounds of dough, each weighing 225gms.
- Flatted the balls of dough in a round shape.
- Spread on the sauce evenly on each mound.
- Add home-made or mozzarella cheese and finely chopped veggies.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes in an oven at 275°C.
- Garnish with chopped basil and serve hot.