Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a wonderful recipe that always makes me think of spring! The total recipe time includes 1 hour to chill in the fridge.
- 2 cups sugar snap peas (if you don't have enough, you can always make up the difference in fresh frozen peas)
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened plain yogurt (vegans use soy)
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar (vegans use beet sugar)
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced thyme or 3 tablespoons dill or 3 tablespoons chives
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits (optional. Vegans omit)
- Wash the peas and removes stems and strings. Chop them into 3 or 4 pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Defrost the frozen peas and add those, as well.
- Mince the red onion and herbs and add to the bowl, along with yogurt and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Allow pea salad to chill for at least one hour before serving to allow flavors to marry. Just before serving, add bacon bits (if using).
I made this for Easter using dill. It didn't taste great at first, but I let it sit in the fridge for two days. I recommend making a double batch, this recipe does not make much. It was a huge hit at Easter, and everyone wanted the recipe.