merron-iru kami's Note:
This is a wonderful recipe that always makes me think of spring! The total recipe time includes 1 hour to chill in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar snap peas (if you don't have enough, you can always make up the difference in fresh frozen peas)
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain yogurt (vegans use soy)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar (vegans use beet sugar)
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced thyme or 3 tablespoons dill or 3 tablespoons chives
- 1/4 cup bacon bits (optional. Vegans omit)
- 1Wash the peas and removes stems and strings. Chop them into 3 or 4 pieces and add to a large bowl.
- 2Defrost the frozen peas and add those, as well.
- 3Mince the red onion and herbs and add to the bowl, along with yogurt and salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4Allow pea salad to chill for at least one hour before serving to allow flavors to marry. Just before serving, add bacon bits (if using).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four Season's Pea Salad - Easy to Make Vegan!
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.1
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 55.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g