Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a simple enchilada recipe that doesn't use a tomato based or standard enchilada sauce. It's quick to throw together and can easily be adjusted for smaller portions.
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped and drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cooked turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 64 inches flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, in zesty sauce (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix chile peppers and cream cheese.
- Stir in chopped turkey.
- Place the tortillas in a microwave oven.
- Heat for 1 minute, or until the tortillas are softened.
- Spread about 2 heaping tablespoons of the chile pepper mixture on each tortilla, and roll up.
- Place the rolled tortillas, seam-side down, in single layer in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the salsa and beans.
- Spoon the mixture over the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or til bubbly and lightly browned.
Must be the odd one out, but we didn't care for these too much. Sorry! Made as is except halved the recipe.
I used some leftover turkey to make these. Very good flavor; the topping mixture is unique and works well the the creamy filling of the enchiladas.
Saw this recipe, TRUE! Had everything on hand too! STOPPED what was doing, right away!This was terrific! MADE MY DAY! NOTE: Used 4 ounces of the Philly-Chilli Cream Cheese and added 1 tbsp jalepenos as didn't have canned chillies on hand Also used a smokey black bean salsa had on hand YIMBERINI!!! I cup back on cheese to 2 tbsp fat free cheese and 1 teaspoon fat free mexican cheese! Hope this helps someone!