Recipe by lazyme
Here's a simple enchilada recipe that doesn't use a tomato based or standard enchilada sauce. It's quick to throw together and can easily be adjusted for smaller portions.
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped and drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cooked turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 64 inches flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, in zesty sauce (optional)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix chile peppers and cream cheese.
- Stir in chopped turkey.
- Place the tortillas in a microwave oven.
- Heat for 1 minute, or until the tortillas are softened.
- Spread about 2 heaping tablespoons of the chile pepper mixture on each tortilla, and roll up.
- Place the rolled tortillas, seam-side down, in single layer in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the salsa and beans.
- Spoon the mixture over the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or til bubbly and lightly browned.