Four Season Icebox Dessert
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 3⁄4 cup Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (or butter, melted)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drain but reserve juice)
- 8 drops green food coloring (optional but does make for a 'green summer')
- 1 (212 g) package lemon pie filling (NOT instant, you need the 6 serving size, brand sizes likely vary)
- 3⁄4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip (thawed, I use whipping cream)
- SPRING: For base; in large mixing bowl combine all spring ingredients, press into a 9x 13 glass pan.
- SUMMER: Soften cream cheese, beat in sugar and the beaten eggs - add vanilla, drained pineapple and food coloring - mix well.
- Pour over spring (base), bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes until set.
- FALL: cook pie filling according to directions on package using the 3/4 cup of reserved pineapple juice and enough water to equal liquid called for in the pie filling - when thickened pour over summer.
- WINTER: When lemon filling is cool, cover with Cool Whip or whipping cream about 1 - 1 1/2 inch thickness.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.