1/1 Photo of Four "s" Tomatoes! (Simple Shrimp Stuffed Salad)
Happy Harry #2's Note:
Good buy on pre-cooked medium sized shrimp....so I took advantage. This was one of the ways I used them. Tasty and really easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, pre-cooked (or cook yourself)
- 3 stalks celery, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely minced (if you don't have fresh, leave out)
- 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon creole seasoning (can use Old Bay seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (no Miracle Whip, please)
- 1 cup frozen peas (do not cook, just rinse to separate)
- 4 medium-large beef tomatoes (garden fresh are best)
- parsley (optional)
- curly lettuce leaf (optional)
- 1Remove 16 shrimp and set aside.
- 2Coarsely chop rest of shrimp. Mix with the next six ingredients and refrigerate. Start with 1 tbls creole seasoning and taste before adding more. The flavor increases some with standing.
- 3To Make Tomato Bowls:.
- 4Decide which sides of the tomato will lay flatter. Cut off thin strip to help this happen.
- 5Cut off top and empty insides.
- 6Lightly salt insides and turn upside down to drain. Leave like this about fiftheen minutes. Do not rinse.
- 7Stand upright. Cut in half from top to bottom making sure that the stripped side will now be the bottom.
- 8Line 4 plates with lettuce leaves. Fill each tomato half.
- 9Place two halves on a plate. Top each half with two whole shrimp and sprinkle with parsley.
- 10Yum, yum -- enjoy!
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four "s" Tomatoes! (Simple Shrimp Stuffed Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.1
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 274.9 mg
- Sodium 682.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 38.1 g