Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (olive is better)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce (or your own)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried savory (I dont know what this is so I just add another italian spice like oregano and red pepper)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb penne, cooked and drained
- In dutch oven or large nonstick sauce pan, cook and stir onion, bell peppers and garlic in hot oil until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add pasta sauce,basil savory and black pepper.
- Heat through over medium heat.
- Serve over penne.