Recipe by Lauren Clark
I found this in a magazine and fell in love with it, because it tastes a lot like lasagna (but without all of the effort!) I hope that you like it!
Top Review by ChefDLH
Great way to use up the pasta shapes you have a little of leftover from here or there. Made this again. The kids and hubby enjoyed it. It is rather big and under seasoned so the second time around I changed using Zaar's servings changer down from 20 to 5 servings and in doing so used it as written except used 1 egg as a half wouldn't have worked. Used an 8x8x2 2 quart baking dish and it was perfect. I used Classico's Pasta sauce with sausage, onions and peppers. Doing so added some additional flavors. Next time I will add garlic as Ellie_ suggested and a sprinkle of seasonings as foodtvfan suggested. Thanks for posting Lauren Clark! Enjoy ChefDLH
- 8 cups uncooked pasta (4 different shapes)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 (26 ounce) jars meatless sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 (16 ounce) cupsshredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, green peppers, onions, and mushrooms over medium heat until meant is no longer pink; drain.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl; stir in the beef mixture, two jars of spaghetti sauce and eggs.
- Transfer to two greased 13in x 9in x 2in baking dishes.
- Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.