1/1 Photo of Four Meat Jambalaya
We just love jambalaya....This recipe is one that I threw together after finding one here at the zaar and adding my own touches to it.... I hope you enjoy as much as we did....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 -2 boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 3 small onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package smoked sausage, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined and cooked
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground thyme (to taste)
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1In a dutch oven, fry the bacon and chicken until they are done.
- 2Remove the bacon and chicken into a paper towel lined bowl. Be sure and leave all the grease in the pan.
- 3Cook the onions, garlic, bell pepper and celery in the grease left in the dutch oven. About 5-7 minutes.
- 4Add the shrimp and sausage to the onion mixture and cook about 4 minutes or until heated through. Be careful not to cook this to long or the shrimp will be tough.
- 5Remove this mixture from the pan.
- 6Add about a tablespoons of olive oil to the pan.
- 7Put in your rice and cook about ten minutes stirring frequently to prevent the rice from scorching.
- 8Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper, thyme, tabasco and bay leaf. Stir.
- 9Bring this mixture to a boil and then turn heat down to simmer, cover and cook about 15-20 minutes.
- 10Remove bay leaf from rice mixture.
- 11Stir in your bacon and chicken mixture and your shrimp and onion mixture.
- 12Hope you enjoy this -- Thank you to Sue L from the zaar for the great ideas and recipe to take from.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Four Meat Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.2
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 223.4 mg
- Sodium 2439.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 46.8 g