Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Great summertime dessert from Taste of Home.
Top Review by Ms B.
I made this last 4th of July. I offered 3 dessert options and this was the only one that was totally devoured after the fireworks. The extra lemon juice really gives the pudding a nice tartness. It balances well with the creamy layers and pecan crust. Had several people ask for the recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip, plus
- 1 cup Cool Whip, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (3 3/4 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, margarine, and pecans.
- Pat into a 13x9 inch baking dish and bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees; cool.
- Beat 1 cup Cool Whip, powdered sugar, and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Spread evenly on nut crust.
- Stir together pudding mix, lemon juice and milk; when thickened, spread over the second layer.
- Spread remaining container of Cool Whip evenly over top.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.