Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great summertime dessert from Taste of Home.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip, plus
- 1 cup Cool Whip, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (3 3/4 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups milk
- Mix flour, margarine, and pecans.
- Pat into a 13x9 inch baking dish and bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees; cool.
- Beat 1 cup Cool Whip, powdered sugar, and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Spread evenly on nut crust.
- Stir together pudding mix, lemon juice and milk; when thickened, spread over the second layer.
- Spread remaining container of Cool Whip evenly over top.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
I made this last 4th of July. I offered 3 dessert options and this was the only one that was totally devoured after the fireworks. The extra lemon juice really gives the pudding a nice tartness. It balances well with the creamy layers and pecan crust. Had several people ask for the recipe.
This recipe is great! So much like a favorite that my Aunt makes. The only change I made was making double the crust because I couldn't spread it thin enough. I also used crisco on the pan before adding the crust, every piece came out so easy. I'm definitely making this again!
I made this according to the recipe, AND THEN added a sprinkle of lemon zest & some additional chopped pecans on top of the final whipped topping! Absolutely delicious & a wonderful dessert, especially if you're a lemon lover! Thanks for such a great keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]