Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
Cheesy macaroni taco casserole. Lots of zesty flavor.
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen macaroni and cheese, defrosted
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄3 cup tortilla chips or 1⁄3 cup potato chips, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (2 oz)
- taco sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In large skillet, combine beef and seasoning mix.
- Cook over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally (2-3 minutes).
- In medium bowl, mix one package macaroni and cheese with sour cream; spread over bottom of 8-inch-square baking dish.
- Top with beef mixture.
- Spread remaining package macaroni and cheese over beef mixture; top with tomato, potato chips and cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
- Top with taco sauce and additional chips if desired, when serving.