Recipe by Hippie2MARS
My aunt has made this for holidays for as long as I can remember. My cousins and I will butt heads for the last piece. Good thing she usually makes two!
Top Review by GibbyLou
Oh my this is so good! I love that the texture is so light and fluffy. I subbed walnuts for pecans because I had them on hand, otherwise made as directed. It was a challenge to spread the cup of cool whip over the top. I think I would use more next time. Thanks for posting. Made for Best of 2013 tag.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups Cool Whip, divided
- 3 (4 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 5 cups cold milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the butter into the flour to form crumbs, then add the pecans
- Press mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 375 degress for 15 minutes and set aside to cool.
- On medium speed, beat the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar until creamy.
- Change speed on mixer to low, and mix in 2 cups of the Cool Whip.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- Mix the pudding mix with the milk for 2 minutes.
- Pour over cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining cup of Cool Whip over the top, being sure to spread to the edges to seal.
- Garnish with additional chopped pecans and/or chocolate shavings, if desired.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.