Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This pie my family uses for special occasions like birthdays. It's always a crowd pleaser.
Make and share this Four Layer Chocolate Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup barley flour
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 cup almonds (or nuts of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons water (if needed)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, Softened (let sit out overnight)
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄3 cup artificial sweetener (I like Erythritol)
- 1 cup whipped cream
Chocolate Pudding Layer
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup honey (or Agave or 1/2 C sugar)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1. Combine all ingredients either by hand or in a food processor.
- 2. Press into a 9 inch pie plate.
- 3. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minute
- 4. Let cool.
- Cream Layer.
- 1. Mix together the Cream cheese, cornstarch, powdered milk, sweetener, and whipped cream.
- 2. Spread in the bottom of the crust and chill.
- Chocolate Pudding Layer.
- 1. Combine cornstarch, cocoa and honey (sugar) in a saucepan.
- 2. Mix in milk and stir to dissolve.
- 3. Over medium heat cook, stirring until milk mixture comes to a boil. About 10 minute You can add the semi-sweet chocolate here if you desire.
- 4. Cook 2 to 3 minutes more, stirring.
- 5. Remove from the heat and stir in Vanilla.
- 6. Pour the Chocolate pudding on top of the creamy layer.
- 7. Place plastic wrap on the top of the pudding and chill.
- 8. Once the Chocolate Pudding is cool and set. top the pie with more whipped cream and chill.