Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A pretty healthy dinner. Good, too!
- 3⁄4 lb ground round
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 4 1⁄2 cups cooked vermicelli
- 6 tablespoons diced onions
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook meat and garlic in a Dutch oven, over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well and return meat to pan. Add chili powder, cinnamon, and cumin; cook 1 minute. Add water through kidney beans, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Serve chili over pasta; top with diced onion and cheese.