Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe was passed on to me by my sister-in-law about 6 years ago. I know you will enjoy the stew.
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can French onion soup
- 15 ounces v 8 vegetable juice or 15 ounces tomato juice or 15 ounces Clamato juice
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- There is no need to brown the meat first. Simply combine all ingredients in a large casserole or roaster.
- Bake at 300 F for 4 hours.
- Adjust the amounts of the ingredients to make this stew your very own creation .
Awesome Stew! I used a cast iron dutch oven - perfect! Also, I used tomato paste with 2c. of water (I didn't have tomato juice) and I used one packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix with 10oz. of water and no Accent Seasoning! We loved it - it's a keeper! Quick and easy to prepare and the oven does the rest!
This is my favorite beef stew recipe..have made it for years....