Recipe by Barb G.
Marjoram, thyme, basil and chives season this moist loaf of bread. "The aroma while baking will make you think of a stuffed turkey roasting in the oven." Diabetic exchange:1 starch.
Top Review by Outta Here
This had a wonderful flavor, but I think the amount of yeast is too much. Mine also collapsed from the top about 1/4 of the way down the loaf. 2 teaspoons of yeast I think would work. I will give this another try, when I have fresh herbs in the garden ( I used dried this time).
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (70 to 80 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacture.
- Slect basic setting.
- Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed).