Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Marjoram, thyme, basil and chives season this moist loaf of bread. "The aroma while baking will make you think of a stuffed turkey roasting in the oven." Diabetic exchange:1 starch.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (70 to 80 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacture.
- Slect basic setting.
- Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed).
This had a wonderful flavor, but I think the amount of yeast is too much. Mine also collapsed from the top about 1/4 of the way down the loaf. 2 teaspoons of yeast I think would work. I will give this another try, when I have fresh herbs in the garden ( I used dried this time).
I'm not sure what happened. The bread is wondefully moist and very tasty. BUT mine collapsed in the middle/top. And the crust was too hard eventhough I put it on the lightest setting. I might have to try this one again...
Ditto ellie2! Excellent bread. Even the kids didn't mind the "green" stuff! Actually will use this recipe sans herbs for my basic white bread recipe - came out better than the one I've been using.