Recipe by WeeMep
I really love to make my own waffles and these are my favorite. I hope they become yours as well.
Top Review by sugarpea
I took some liberties with your recipe, WeeMep, and turned it into Three Grain Pancakes. I changed the all purpose flour into more whole wheat flour. The batter did get a little thick eventually so I added about 1/4c of water. I also added a pinch of salt. Delicious.
- 12 ounces low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 ounces vegetable oil
- 4 ounces all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 2 1⁄2 ounces rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ounce sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix buttermilk, egg, egg whites, and vegetable oil together.
- In a seperate bowl mix all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cornmeal, oats, baking powder and sugar together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. stir until mixed.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with oil spray.
- Pour a portion of batter onto iron and cook acourding to the directions on iron.
- Top waffles with what you like. I enjoy maple syrup or yogurt.